We can sabotage our lives with negative thoughts and negative beliefs. How often have you not done something because you lacked self belief? Or because you were worried what people would think.
Think about what you tell yourself over and over. If you constantly tell yourself you won’t succeed or that you are fat or that you are useless then this is what you project outwardly.
You were not born with a lack of self confidence and negative beliefs, it was something you learned along the way and therefore you can unlearn it.
It may take a little time and practice but you can learn to master positive beliefs just as well as you mastered negative beliefs.
- Begin with monitoring your self talk and replace negatives with positives. When you feel you won’t succeed, tell yourself you will, if you want to be slim, tell yourself you are slim, if you feel useless tell yourself you are brilliant and can achieve anything you desire. If you concentrate on what you don’t want then you will get more of what you don’t want. The law of attraction is very powerful so concentrate on what you want!
- Use affirmations such as “I am unique, brilliant, fit and intelligent and no one can take this away from me” – look in the mirror and repeat last thing at night and first thing in the morning
- You can never know what anyone else is thinking about you so why try to imagine what they are thinking. If you want to imagine what someone is thinking, then imagine they are thinking how brilliant you are, how fit you are and how confident you are.
- When ever self doubt creeps in imagine what you would tell someone else who was in the exact same position.
- Try visualization exercises and anchor a positive state of mind; close your eyes and see yourself confident, calm and in control. See and feel and hear everything around you. Make the vision brighter and panoramic and when it is at its peak then gently squeeze your right earlobe or touch a knuckle. You can then use this pressure point as an anchor when ever you want to recreate this state of mind. The more you do this, the more you’ll find that you’ll quite naturally start to become like the confident you in the visualization.
Only you control you and when you start to believe in you then others will too!